We have an Education Coordinator available to assist families and professionals in developing Individual Education Plans and attend Committee on Special Education meetings.
We offer educational training seminars, support and materials to assist in navigating all of the following systems:
- Early Intervention –Birth to age three
- Pre-school Special Education- Age three to five
- Kindergarten to age 21
- Post Secondary Education
- Transitional Services
Extra M.I.L.E. Program:
- The Down Syndrome Aim High Resource Center (DSAHRC) is excited to announce the Extra M.I.L.E. (Modifications to Improve Learning Excellence) Program for Students with Developmental Disabilities. This program is made possible through a grant from the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region’s Marjorie Rockwell Fund for the Disabled and Tearing Up the Turf for Timothy and and his friends with Down Syndrome Golf Tournament.
The goal of this program is to create modified curriculum units at the primary and secondary level for students with disabilities to improve their access and mastery of the general education curriculum. Each unit will be provided to the school or family for their student or child as a color, hard-copy resource.
- Extra M.I.L.E. Information & Request form can be found here.
Our other training topics are as follows:
- IEP Tool Kit : Navigating the Special Education process
- Team Approach to Inclusive Education
- Advocacy from Day One
- Down Syndrome Facts, Faces and Fallacies
Development of visual supports: